The main difference between a rack server & a blade server is a rack server is an independent server installed in the case, while a blade server needs to work with each other in one server chassis.
What is Rack Server?
What are the features of Rack Server?
- Rack server acts as the lone rider of all the needed components as a single powerful system. Rack servers could perform powerfully to run high-end applications.
- Rack servers are convenient to fit as it consumes less amount of physical space.
- Rack servers are usually equipped with internal fans, increasing airflows which makes it’s cooling more easier.
- Rack servers can be highly efficient when you require more than one server as they don’t require a huge chassis.
What are the benefits of Rack Server?
3. Ideal for Lower Quantity:
4. Self Sufficient:
What are the pros of Rack Server?
What are the cons of Rack Server?
1. Power usage:
What is a Blade Server?
What are the features of Blade Server?
- Blade servers can enable their massive chassis to supply power to multiple servers which reduce total power consumption for each blade server.
- Blade servers promote Hot-swappable features which could provide you redundancy when one blade faces a problem making it to be pulled and replaced much more easily.
- Blade servers require only one cable (often fiber) for running to the chassis which reduces the use of individual cables running for each blade chassis server.
- Blade servers require minimal space and at the same time provide high processing power.
What are the benefits of Blade Server?
1. Power Consumption:
2. Hot Swappable:
3. Processing Power:
4. Less space required:
5. Quick Serviceability:
6. Reduced usage of cables:
What are the pros of Blade Server?
1. Low energy spend:
2. Processing Power:
What are the cons of Blade Server?
1. Upfront costs:
2. Energy costs:
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What are different type of servers?
1. File servers
2. Print servers
3. Application servers
4. DNS servers
5. Mail servers
6. Web servers
7. Database servers
9. Proxy servers
10. Monitoring and management servers
2. What is a chassis server?
3. What are the main components of a server?
1. Central Processing Unit (CPU)
2. Random Access Memory (RAM)
3. Hard Drive
4. Network / Port
5. Power Supply
6. Optional Components of a Server