What is a web server
A Web server is a program that make use of HTTP (Hypertext Transfer Protocol) to assist the files that form Web pages. Dedicated devices, applications and computers may be referred to as Web servers as well.
Web servers often come as part of a larger package of Internet and intranet-related programs for serving email, building and publishing Web pages and downloading requests for File Transfer Protocol (FTP) files. Considerations in choosing a Web server includes:
- How well it works with the OS and other servers
- Its ability to handle security characteristics
- Search engine and website building tools
- Server-side programming and the particular publishing.
The web server can be software or hardware that is used or required to run the World Wide Web.
- On the software side, a web server includes many parts that control how web users access hosted files. An HTTP server is a part of software that understands the URLs(web addresses) and HTTP (the protocol your browser uses to view webpages). It can be accessed through the domain names (like org) of sites it stores, and delivers their content to the end-user’s device.
- On the hardware side, a web server is a computer that stores web server software and a site’s section. It’s connected to the Internet and supports physical data interchange with other devices connected to the web.
At the most basic level, whenever a browser requires a file which is hosted on a web server, the browser requests the file through HTTP. When the request reaches the correct hardware (web server), the software (HTTP server) accepts the request, finds the requested document (if it doesn’t then a 404 response is returned), and sends it back to the browser, also via HTTP.
To publish a website, you need either a dynamic or a static web server
A static web server, or stack, comprises of a computer (hardware) with an HTTP server (software). The server sends its hosted files “the way it is” to your browser and that’s why it is called Static.
A comprises of a static web server and an extra software, often as an with a . We call it “dynamic” because the application server updates the hosted files before sending them to your browser through the HTTP server.
For example, to produce the final web pages in the browser, the application server might complete an HTML template with contents from a database. Sites like Wikipedia or MDN have hundreds of web pages, but they aren’t real HTML documents, only a few HTML templates and a giant database. This setup makes it easier and quicker to deliver and maintain the content
Web server cost in India
This was all the description of web server now coming to the important point the money behind it. Web server cost in India is different depending on the source you are choosing to buy this server. It costs somewhere around 80,000 . Mentioned below are the different sources of buying web server provided with the cost these sources are offering:
- A local retail store: A local store provides the server at a little higher cost as these works on retail prices rather than wholesale.
- Authorized server store: These stores are the provider of original Servers . The price will vary according to the quality of the product and according to the model you are looking to buy. ServerStack are the authorized dealers of ASUS servers.
- Online sources: There are various online sources from where you can buy web server hardware and software from. ServerStack is one of the best sites that deals with reasonable price, great quality and good warranty period.
Above affirmations are the helpful points to find out the actual and the best price for the ideal server for you. Web server cost in India has depended on the model of the web server and source of purchase. You will get the best server in pocket-friendly prices From Serverstack